The unique procedures conducted by Vascular Surgery Department experts are only available at Hadassah University Hospital and other few medical centers in the world.
thousands of successful and effective operations are performed here every year to treat all types of diseases.
DISEASES TREATED AT HADASSAH
- peripheral vascular atherosclerosis.
- stenosis and vascular occlusion.
- abdominal and thoracic aortic aneurysms.
- peripheral aneurysms.
- diabetic foot syndrome.
- varicose veins.
- tumors associated with vessels or appearing in them (hemangiomas).
- damage and trauma to blood vessels.
The experienced specialists of Vascular Surgery Department who have undergone many years of high-quality practice perform many Surgical operations (reconstruction, transplantation and therapy of blood vessels), and many other minimally invasive interventions such as Catheter Therapy, using the most modern medical imaging devices and performing the following procedures:
- angioplasty of the vessels of the lower extremities.
- replacement of carotid arteries with synthetic grafts.
- bypass surgery of peripheral vessels of the upper and lower extremities.
- bypass surgery of blood vessels of the abdominal organs.
- treatment of compression syndrome of the upper aperture of the chest by surgical intervention and removal of the cervical rib.
SPECIALISTS OF VASCULAR SURGERY DEPARTMENT AT HADASSAH
Professor Ron Carmeli – Head of the Vascular Surgery Department.
Specialization: Surgery of large blood vessels, Treatment of aneurysms, Stent placement, Carotid artery stenosis, Catheterization and bypass surgery of the leg veins in diabetes
Prof. Carmeli conducted thousands of successful operations using the most modern methods and technologies
Experience: more than 33 years
Professor Allen Bloom – Head of the Invasive Radiology Service.
Specialization: diagnostic and invasive radiology.
Experience: more than 33 years.
Doctor Alexander Klimov – Leading Vascular Surgeon and Radiologist
Specialization: Endovascular surgery, Critical limb ischemia, Diabetic foot, Diagnostic radiology, Portal hypertension and Subintimal angioplasty.
Experience: more than 25 years.