More than 92% of patients of the Orthopedics Department completely restore mobility or get rid of pain.
These results have been achieved by a combination of the highest level of doctors’ skills and the application of the most advanced tools in orthopaedic surgery. There are dozens of annually performed spine and joint surgeries at Hadassah University Hospital recognized as unique and only some of them can be operated in a few medical centers in the world, whereas most of them are not available in any other hospital.
The specialists of orthopaedic department have achieved great success in the treatment of intervertebral hernias, scoliosis, sports injuries and other diseases, they brilliantly remove benign and malignant tumors and correct congenital defects.
HADASSAH IS A LEADER IN THE MIDDLE EAST REGION IN THE FIELD OF ORTHOPEDICS
International Society for Computer Assisted Orthopedic Surgery “CAOS International” recognized the Department of Orthopedics of the Hadassah Medical Center as a center of excellence.
- 2014: Due to the active introduction and implementation of new medical technologies, Hadassah became the only medical institution in the Middle East to join the prestigious International Society of Orthopedic Centers (ISOC). The doctors of the medical centers admitted to the Society are trained in the best orthopedic centers in the world.
- 2017: For the first time in the world, Hadassah Hospital used the interaction of two robotic navigation devices to fix a broken spine: the first one produced by company “Artis Zeego” by Siemens and the second one – the product of Israeli company “Mazor Robotics”, the installation called Renaissance. The surgery was performed by the internationally recognized vertebrologist, Director of Spinal Deformities Surgery at Hadassah Medical Center, Josh Schroeder.
- 2016: The first in Israel to use a combination of the innovative BRAINLAB navigation system and the advanced ZEEGO imaging device when removing hard-to-reach femoral tumor.
- 2013: For the first time not only in Israel, but also in Europe, Hadassah implemented into the hospital’s practice the innovative orthopedic surgery device “Assist Knee”.
- 2004: Our orthopedists under the leadership of Prof. Libergall were the first in the world to perform minimally invasive hip replacement under the control of computer navigation devices.
- 2006: The Department was the first in a world who implemented into practice an advanced computer navigation system developed by Zimmer and Medtronics.
Every year the team of Prof. Liebergall performs more than 600 joint replacement surgeries, 230 of these are knee replacements.
SPECIALISTS OF THE ORTHOPEDICS DEPARTMENT
Dr. Josh Schroeder – senior spinal surgeon at the Orthopedics Center, Director of Spinal Deformities Surgery at Hadassah Medical Center.
Specialization: spinal deformities in adults and children, robotic spine surgery, intervertebral hernia.
Dr. Schroeder became the world’s renowned due to the success of the most complex robotic surgical interventions on the spine. Hundreds of patients are grateful to Dr. Schroeder for the opportunity to walk again or get rid of a back pain.
Experience: 16 years.
Professor Leon Kaplan – Head of the Center for Spine Surgery, Spinal Surgeon.
Specialization: pediatric and adult orthopedic surgery of the spinal column, lordosis, kyphosis, scoliosis.
Experience: over 18 years.
Dr. Itay Perets – Leading Specialist in Orthopedic Surgery
Specialization: orthopedics, traumatology, hip replacement, treatment of young and elderly patients, innovative robotic joint replacement MAKOplasty, sports medicine, knee prosthetics, joint replacement without hospitalization, treatment of arthrosis, minimally invasive joint surgery, joint preservation
Experience: more than 13 years